The world of online tools has made daily work ten times faster. Needless to say, today, every other industry uses tools like online calculator, voice assistant, digital scanners and so on, that does the job faster. Similar to such online devices, writers and academic people too have their chosen one-essay grader online.
But what is the factor that makes this tool demanding? Is it because it’s an online mode, or does it actually do its job by substituting manual labor?
Well, to know all of the details, read this article, and find out how an essay grader online is beneficial.
Understanding NLP-Based Automated Essay Scoring
The Automated Scoring Applications, commonly referred to as Automated Essay Scoring Applications, are built on NLP (Natural Language Processing). In fact, an essay grader tool is built with the same technology.
The NLP technology uses linguistic and computer science principles to build software that can converse in human language.
These programs are created in response to the rising demand for constructed-response or open-ended test questions that elicit replies such as essays, long-form answers, short written responses to subject-matter material, spontaneous speech, etc.
This is what makes an essay grader tool provide guaranteed scanning of your copy.
What are the Challenges of Manual Essay Grading?
To learn the advantages, you have to find out the problems first. That’s why understanding the challenges of manual essay grading is essential –
- Need for many skilled experts – The quality and experience of the evaluators play a critical role in the manual scoring of essays. Without their skill of catching minute details, essay grading remains half-done.
- Slow & time-consuming – Naturally, manually grading each essay takes a lot of time. The results are not available to applicants for a long period of time. This lengthens and slows down the entire evaluation and scoring process.
- Outcome inconsistency and error-prone –Manual or human evaluation is inevitably going to produce results that are inconsistent and will almost certainly contain errors.
- Logistical problems –Handling essays and response sheets physically makes the manual process exceedingly time-consuming. In fact, when evaluation is done manually, there are numerous administrative and logistical problems that arise, including delivering exam papers, masking names, data entering, storage, and record-keeping.
Advantages that Essay Grader Tool Can Offer
- High Productivity –Compared to human judges, AES has a higher level of repeatability.
- AI-Enabled – An essay checker tool that uses AI and cutting-edge statistical algorithms to provide highly correct grammar suggestions. Additionally, these tools have a character limit which makes them perfect for lengthy works.
- Cost-Effective –When reviewing essays, efficiency factors include cost reduction and quicker results. In comparison to hiring human raters, the AES system in essay grading helps to evaluate a vast number of essays effectively.
- Unprejudiced and Stable — The AES system-based essay grading is more stable than human raters, whose judgment can be tainted by fatigue, diversion, prejudices, etc.
- Consistent Scoring –The essay evaluation standards used by the AES system will always be the same.
- Managing Huge Volumes Easily –The essay grading tools are always effective no matter how many essays you check through at myassignmenthelp. After all, tools are not human, and they do not get exhausted.
- Instant Suggestions–During writing activities, essay grading tools can offer you feedback with a click. Some AES systems also offer a web interface where students can submit essays and instantly receive comments in many categories. The ability to write better will be helped by additional instruction and criticism.
How is a Piece Graded by an Automated Essay Grading Tool?
An AES creates a statistical model of essay quality by extracting characteristics from high-scoring essays, such as word count, language choice, error density, sentiment strength, sentence length variance, and paragraph structure.
Here, the computer program may estimate a score in little more than two seconds by comparing an essay written by a writer or student to that statistical model.
Things You Must Check When Using an Essay Grader Tool Online
Key points to consider for Automated Scoring Systems –
- Automated scores are consistent with the scores from expert human evaluators/graders
- The way automated scores are produced is understandable and substantively meaningful
- Automated scores are fair
- Automated scores have been validated against external measures in the same way as is done with human scoring
Factors You Must Consider for Using the Essay Grader Scores
- Syntax Analysis (including grammar check, capitalization, punctuation, etc.)
- Sentiment Analysis
- Entity Analysis
- Entity Sentiment Analysis
- Text Classification
Now that you know how easy grader tools are, get access today!
Author Bio – David Williamson is an online content marketing expert based in New York. He is also associated with the academic brand MyAssignmenthelp.com where he guides on using essay grader online. In his free time, you will find him playing piano.